Criterion 6mm Dasher Build Success
Joe Y. of Texas sent us some photos of his 6mm Dasher build using a Criterion Barrels Inc. barrel purchased from Northland Shooters Supply.
Joe sent this target from the first load he tried, 10 shots at 100 Yards.
Here are some of the components he used on his build:
- 26” Criterion small shank Savage Barrel- 6mm Dasher- MTU contour- 7.5 twist with muzzle thread
- NSS Precision ground recoil lug
- NSS Squared and trued barrel nut
- Knurled thread protector
- Savage Model 11 action
- Berger Bullets 105 Grain bullet
- Varget powder from Hodgdon powder
Here is what Joe had to say:
“This barrel is stupid accurate!!!!! insanely accurate!!!! I had a Savage model 11 in 223 that had made its home in the gun safe. It sat and did nothing for years. It got a new Criterion barrel and an Oryx chassis. This was shot at 100 yds and was the first load I tried using 105 Berger target HPBT with 31.5 grains of Varget. That’s 10 shots in that group. Can’t ask for more than that.”