6.5 Creedmoor Build
Jason R. of Texas sent us some photos of his 6.5 Creedmoor build using a Shilen Rifles Inc. barrel purchased from Northland Shooters Supply.
Here are the specs on his build:
- 26” Shilen stainless select match- small shank Savage- varmint contour- 8 twist with muzzle thread
- NSS precision ground recoil lug
- NSS squared and trued barrel nut
- AT-One stock made by Boyds Hardwood Gunstocks
- Sierra Bullets 130gr. Game Changers
Here is what Jason had to say about his build:
“3 shots from a 6.5 Creedmoor 26” Shilen that I bought from yall. Originally a Savage model 11 LRH 6.5 Creedmoor. I bought the Shilen from yall and put it on that action and put it all in a Boyd’s At1 stock with a Witt Machine brake. Shooting 130gr Sierra Game Changers with 43.0 grains of Reloader 16 powder, it does this on command…
I’ve taken several deer and quite a few pigs using the Sierra Game Changer bullets. (East Texas) good ballistic coefficient for a hunting bullet. I love em!
I’ve also got a 26″ Shilen 6 Creedmoor barrel that deserves its own email. It’s wicked accurate, too. Also built on a Savage and is built nearly identically to this 6.5. Thank yall for selling such high quality barrels.”