Matt W. of New Mexico recently sent us a picture of his first solo Oryx hunt using products purchased from Northland Shooters Supply. Matt had the following to say.
“I was using the following components for my build.
- Criterion heavy sporter 24″ .280 AI (Northland Shooters Supply Product)
- TriggerTech primary trigger (Northland Shooters Supply Product)
- Stocky Stocks long range – Composite
- Magpul hunter bottom metal
- Ziess Conquest zplex 2-10x44
- Matthews kydex cheek riser
It was my first solo DIY Oryx hunt. The location was here in New Mexico and it was off the White Sands Missile Range. They offer once in a lifetime hunts on the missile range. It is a lottery system and I drew out last year but had no luck. I went out and glassed super early and was only spotting the ones on the missile range. They actually sit along the fence line because they know they are safe as long as they stay on the range side. The morning I glassed them up in the range and they walked deeper so I decided to go for a hike and approximately 5 minutes into my walk, I jumped 2 out of a river bed and made an offhand 220-yard shot as it was trotting away.”
Thanks for the message and great hunting Matt!