Northland Shooters Supply (NSS) Taper Loc Recoil Lug System
Northland Shooters Supply is pleased to announce the release of their Taper Loc Recoil Lug System. NSS has been working with the latest modification to their Action Wrench, this modification will allow rifle builders that are using the Remington 700 models to install the NSS Rem/Age Barrels without having to notch or pin their receivers. This NSS Action Wrench update will allow you to install the NSS Heavy Duty Precision Ground Recoil Lug directly to your Remington 700 Action without any required gunsmithing.
The price for the Taper Lock Recoil Lug System is $25.00. Note: The NSS Action Wrench is also needed for this system.
Please click on the link below for direction on how to use the NSS Taper Loc Recoil Lug System.
Northland Shooters Supply (NSS) 11-Inch Barrel Nut Wrench
The NSS 11-inch heavy duty barrel nut wrench offer 33% increased rigidity. The 11-inch wrench is offered for the standard square-notch barrel nut design and the older radius-notch barrel nut design. This design also incorporates a 1/2-inch cutout for using a ratchet, breaker bar, or a torque wrench to aid in the removal and installation of the NSS precision barrel nut.
The price for the 11-inch tool is $28.00.
Northland Shooters Supply (NSS) 4-Inch Barrel Nut Wrench
The NSS 4-inch (stubby) heavy duty barrel nut wrench offers 33% increased rigidity. The 4-inch wrench is offered for the standard square-notch barrel nut design. This design also incorporates a 1/2-inch cutout for using a ratchet, breaker bar, or a torque wrench to aid in the removal and installation of the NSS precision barrel nut.
The price for the 4-inch tool is $18.00.
Northland Shooters Supply (NSS) Action Wrench
When Savage went to the 4.4″ short-action action-screw spacing, the clearances on most action wrenches became an issue. For shooters using one of the premium recoil lugs with the alignment pins, the clearance on the alignment pins became an interference issue. To correct this problem, Northland Shooters Supply has designed an action wrench called the NSS Action Wrench which corrects for these interference issues. Here are some points that are addressed with the NSS Action Wrench design:
- Modifications to the cap portion and the main body of the action wrench to make it compatable with the new centerfeed short action Savage actions.
- All NSS Action Wrenches are fully radiused on all working surfaces.
- All working surfaces are micro machined to avoid coarse contact surfaces.
- The recoil lug notch is clearanced for all brands of recoil lugs.
- The lower portion of the NSS Action Wrench has been machined for easy and secure mounting into a bench vise with the handle removed.
- The new NSS Action Wrench will work with all Savage Model 10, 110 – 11, 111 – 12, 112 – 14, 114 -16, 116 as well as all Rem/Age conversions on Remington model 700 rifles.
- Most importantly, all components including the hardened bolts, hardened washers, Unbrako socket head cap screw and allen wrench are 100% “Made in the USA”.
Northland is able to offer this product at a competitive pricing of $60.00.
Northland Shooters Supply (NSS) “Wheeler” Wrench Cap
For customers that already have a Wheeler Engineering Action Wrench, Northland has a redesigned cap section that is a direct replacement for the Wheeler Action Wrench existing wrench cap. This replacement cap does have the additional clearances machined into it for the Savage short actions.
The NSS “Wheeler” Wrench Cap is available for $25.00.
Forster Headspace Gages (Gauges)
Note: We currently only stock Forster headspace gages, but we are able to order all Forster products. If there is something that Forster has to offer that you would like to order, please contact us.
Picture and data compliments of Forster Products Inc.